“Carpe Diem” – “Seize the day”.
The Private School Swakopmund welcomes parents and learners as partners in education.
The PSS follows the University of Cambridge International Syllabi at Senior Secondary level and the final Grade 12 Cambridge International Examinations (AS level) has international recognition.
The cultivation and preservation of the German language gave rise to the founding of this private school. As such, German is a compulsory subject offered at First Language level and Foreign Language level throughout all grades.
The increasing demand for enrolment at PSS for children from non-German speaking households has resulted in the establishment of an English Stream in 2008.
The Private School Swakopmund strives to,
- appoint well-qualified, enthusiastic and successful teachers;
- stimulate and maintain the curiosity of learners;
- give learners the opportunity of sharing in the accountability for their learning outcome;
- aim at integral learning encompassing the head, heart and hand;
- promote independent reasoning and social learning;
- convey to the learners the love for nature and the responsibility for an increasingly threatened environment;
- develop the open-mindedness and tolerance of learners with regard to other cultures and beliefs;
- provide quality education in a Christian environment that allows grade 12 learners to enter higher education institutions both nationally and internationally