Based on a decision of the School Board, the number of learners per class is recommended to be 22 learners. Where the demand for placement exceeds the 22 available places, a waiting list has been introduced.
- Formal application to the PSS must be made via the Application Form.
- After submission of the application, parents will be informed if there is still a vacancy in the applicable grade. Should the class be full this will be communicated to the parent and upon request the child will be placed on a waiting list and notified should a vacancy arise.
- Upon invitation of the School Director, the child will be asked to take a school readiness or an entry test to determine if he/she meets the academic requirements as applicable to the PSS or to identify areas to be remedied.
- The application together with the outcome of the school readiness or entry test will be presented to the School Board and a formal decision for admission to PSS will be taken.
- The School Director will formally communicate the School’s decision to the parents.
- Admission to the PSS will be communicated in writing by the School Director after all formalities including financial and legal obligations have been complied with.
One trimester prior notice (or 3 successive months) is required for cancellations of registrations for all children leaving the school.